New Entrants Course
Our New Entrants Course is a Managed Learning Programme for those wishing to enter the gas industry but who don’t have relevant experience or qualifications.
New Entrants Course
Upon completion of the course, individuals will be at the required level to undertake gas ACS training and assessment in their chosen sector; domestic, commercial heating, commercial catering, or commercial laundry.
The course duration is a minimum of 280hrs /8 weeks within our training facilities.
During your time with us, you will be required to complete a portfolio of work based evidence under the supervision of a gas safe registered engineer. This work based evidence portfolio is a requirement of the managed learning programme and is expected to be a minimum of 12 weeks in addition to the above timescale.
It is a combination of theoretical study, practical tuition with plenty of ‘hands-on’ practice, and self-study at home.
The course comprises of the following subjects:
- The Law – regulations and codes of practice
- The Gas Safety Installation & Use Regulations
- Asbestos Awareness
- Health & safety – PPE, COSHH, and the safe use of power tools
- Basic electrical principles
- Positive electrical isolation
- Preliminary electrical safety checks
- Gas supplies
- Gas emergencies and procedures
- Properties of natural gas
- Characteristics of combustion
- Combustion performance analysis
- Ventilation & Flueing
- Installation of pipework and associated skills
- Tightness testing and purging
- Meter regulators, gas flow, pressure and measurement
- Unsafe situations
- Re-establishing existing gas supplies & re-ignition of appliances
- Checking & setting appliance burner pressures & gas rates
- Operation & checking of appliance gas safety devices & controls.
Finance is available on all of our Gas, Electrical, Water, Energy, Solid Fuel & Oil Courses through Ideal 4 Finance.* Click on the button below to find out more and to submit your finance application.
*Ideal 4 Finance is a trading style of Ideal Sales Solutions Limited. Ideal Sales Solutions Limited act as a credit broker and are not a lender.